Journal Entry

My busy week at work continues, but it’s getting better.

I took some loaves of bread that T– made to work for a bake sale today, and they were a big hit. I also got some serious praise from the editor in my writing group, who’s been reviewing the work I’ve done so far this week, on my major project. It’s the first time I’ve actually turned in a writing product since they hired me, and it’s good to hear that they’re impressed with the work I did.

T– was going to come to the bake sale, and bring AB to show off to my coworkers, but the bake sale sold out early (T–‘s friendship bread sold for $10 a loaf!), and we had some weird security stuff going on, so we settled for just meeting for lunch. We had Whataburger, which was a fun break from an otherwise harrowing day.

I got through it, though, and I’m about a quarter finished with Section 7 (out of 13). We might still make Friday, which is our deadline, but I’m doubtful. I’ll be done by then, but after I finish writing a section it has to be reviewed by my editor (the one who praised me today), and by the engineer, and that takes time. I’m guessing the engineer will probably work all weekend so we can submit it as finished first thing Monday morning, but that’s just a guess.

Anyway, that was work stuff. For the first time this week, I was able to leave work on time. I got home and T– made some spaghetti and meatballs with the a new meatball recipe. I told her they were the best I’ve ever had in a spaghetti-based environment. I think she took that for a joke. It was really good, though.

After that, she took AB to class at church, and I went to my office to do a little work, and then play some Overlord. That latter was a mostly frustrating experience, and I didn’t stick at it long. T– got home and I helped her with some chores, then I headed out for a walk.

I tried repeatedly to call D– to get him to join me, but his phone was apparently acting up. He finally received one of the many messages I left, and I backtracked half of my walking route to get back to his place. We drank some wine and talked, and then I headed home. All told, I got my hour walk in, but it took ninety minutes because of the stop. Not too bad. He was watching the OU/Miami game when I got there, for an added bonus.

Anyway, it has been a long day, and I’m exhausted, so I’m heading to bed. I hope everyone’s well.