Journal Entry: March 31, 2009

Yesterday our new elliptical machine showed up. The delivery guy actually called while I was getting ready for work, and said he could bring it by during the day if someone could be home to meet him. T– graciously offered to commit to that, and was rewarded with an early delivery. She called me around noon to say he had already come and gone.

I bought it off Amazon last Wednesday, and opted (of course) for the free shipping, because the next cheapest was over a hundred bucks. The free shipping was 5-9 business days, which meant best case scenario wouldn’t have it arrive until tomorrow, so that was a pretty lucky break. Also…really glad I didn’t shell out a hundred bucks to get it sooner.

Anyway, I got home from work last night and T– and I immediately set to work building the thing. We put it together out in the living room while AB watched Winnie the Pooh, but she was actually far more interested in what we were doing. It was a lot of work to put together, but not terribly complicated. It’s a good design, and the finished product is sturdy and exactly the right size for my stride.

Also, it’s about five inches too wide in every direction to get through the door into my office, where we wanted to house it.

So I ended up dismantling it while T– made us some sandwiches for dinner, then dragged it into the office in four pieces and reassembled it there afterward. I have a little old cheap TV in the office, hooked up to my fileserver so I can watch my media files while I work out. We’ll probably replace it with a small wall-mount HDTV (with an actual digital connection to the computer, instead of the cobbled-together S-Video hookup I’m using now), but our finances aren’t right to go buying new TVs at the moment.

Anyway, when I had everything set up properly around 8:30, I put on an episode of Newsradio (in spite of Bruce’s warning), and did a fast-paced jog through the whole episode. It was killer. My goal is to watch through all the episodes of Buffy and Veronica Mars as part of my daily workout, but I might have to work up to the 40-minute run. Or go slower, but that’s not terribly tempting.

When I finished that, I went to the living room to watch Castle and Rules of Engagement with T–. We had four other shows to watch from Sunday and Monday evening programming, but I had to get back to the office and do my writing.

I typed up all the stuff I wrote about in my scribblebook yesterday, which finished out chapter five, then I kept going right into chapter six, and it’s about half done now at 2,000 words (or 22,000 total, for the book).

Other than that, it’s just things and stuff.